Monday, March 02, 2009

Jambalaya

Just documenting this recipe while I can, since I can no longer find it online, but luckily found an old shopping list which helped me reconstruct it:

Cooks for 4-6 people

Ingredients
  • olive oil
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 3 red peppers, sliced 
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2 sticks celery, sliced
  • 1 teaspoon turmeric
  • 2 hot peppers, shredded (or the Hungarian variation - 1 teaspoon Eros Pista)
  • 400 gms chorizo, diced
  • 400 gms prawns (I use uncooked)
  • 400 gms chicken, diced (I like thigh fillets, but breast is fine)
  • 400 gms rice
  • 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
Procedure
  1. fry onion, sweet peppers, hot peppers, garlic, chorizo and chicken for ten minutes. 
  2. Add chili, turmeric and rice, stir to coat till translucent
  3. add stock, bring back to simmer, cook until rice is swollen
  4. add prawns, cook for another ten minutes, then serve.

No comments: